STRESS MANAGEMENT AND WELLBEING WORKSHOP
“When the mind is distressed, the flow of inspiration will be distorted, intellectual faculties will be affected and unexpected confusion/problems will appear”
“The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over another”
According to Statistics South Africa, absenteeism costs the SA economy more than R12bn each year. Occupational Care South Africa (Ocsa) says there is a clear link between employee health, productivity and absenteeism. The organisation provides some interesting insights into absenteeism in the workplace. It states that on average, between 15 and 30% of staff can be absent on any given day with two out of three employees who fail to show up for work not being physically ill. Stress-related absenteeism is a huge considerable factor and in this workshop we equip delegates with the tools and techniques to manage their stress effectively and ultimately, their overall well-being. With practical application, an individualised approach and a range of exercises, delegates walk away with a “tool box” of strategies. The benefit of effective stress management reaches far beyond self, and ultimately affects productivity and results.
What will you learn?
- Identify your stressors;
- Reference to PDA profile modification: how does it affect you;
- Insights into the play of stress based on the risk, patience and norms axes in your PDA assessment;
- Harnessing positive stress;
- Wellbeing principles;
- Practical stress management techniques for the workplace;
- Practical exercises and introspection.
What will you need?
- Your PDA profile – what is PDA?;
- An openness to identify and connect with your stressors;
- Courage to identify the stress effect;
- Honesty with self to overcome one’s façade.