PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT WORKSHOP
“Be determined to persist until you succeed. It’s the small extra things, the little repeated attempts, that soon add up to accomplishment.”
“Don’t lower your expectations to meet your performance. Raise your level of performance to meet your expectations.”
Performance management is a process, rather than just a bi-annual appraisal. In this workshop, we equip delegates with the correct skills to manage performance throughout….not just at evaluation time. Equipping leaders to have performance conversations, performance improvement plans and performance correction initiatives means that there is constant focus on what matters. From managing those who need a stretch to those who need deep intervention, the workshop will focus on how to manage performance effectively, consistently and with focus. Performance management should be a constant activity with step change for individuals and this workshop, leaders receive a sound strategy to do just that.
What will you learn?
- Understand the philosophy of performance management;
- Learn how to prepare for a performance discussion / review;
- Create the right climate and getting participation;
- Assess performance free from judgement;
- Manage the emotional content;
- Learn the Do’s and Don’t’s of performance management;
- Address performance and behaviour issues in the workplace;
- Learn how to apply and approach based on PDA preferences.
What will you need?
- Your PDA profile – what is PDA?;
- A PDA team profile (if available);
- Knowledge of your internal performance management process;
- An understanding of peak performance in your team and organisation.