INNOVATIVE AND CREATIVE THINKING WORKSHOP
“The problem is never how to get new, innovative thoughts into your mind, but how to get old ones out.”
“Learning and innovation go hand in hand. The arrogance of success is to think that what you did yesterday will be sufficient for tomorrow.”
Think outside the box is a common phrase heard in business today. Well, that’s if we know what the box looks like, where the box is, how big the box is and what’s the box for. Innovative thinking is a skill many feel they do not possess, but it is teachable and one’s ability to think creatively is critical in today’s business environment. In this workshop, we introduce and apply models that release the creative streak and encourage innovative thinking through stages. This workshop is not just for those who “arty”, but for everyone who needs to challenge the status quo regularly in their roles. Businesses who do not innovate and create, sit behind the curve – individuals who do not innovate and create, have no knowledge of the curve. By creating a culture that embraces innovation “on the floor” we get to understand what’s really happening, what really needs to be changed, and what the feasible options really are.
What will you learn?
- How to interpret your PDA preferences in the innovation space;
- Defining the need for innovation;
- Defining innovation;
- Using the HCD model – human centred design;
- Case studies;
- Applying the principles to your own business and team;
- When do we go “in the box” versus “out the box”;
- Edward De Bono’s 6 thinking hats philosophy.
What will you need?
- Your PDA profile – what is PDA?;
- Insight into areas that require innovation in your business/team;
- The ability to think big, think differently and think like never before;
- Honesty with the current challenges;
- An open mind set.