FACILITATION SKILLS WORKSHOP
“A good story can motivate someone into action. Great coaches and leaders have an intimate knowledge of what makes a great story. Practice and become a good story teller.”
“Don’t show up to prove; Show up to improve.”
What will you learn?
- Leveraging my PDA profile preferences in my facilitation;
- Facilitator qualities, behaviours and skills.;
- Learn to set and read group norms;
- Set and influence expectations and dynamics;
- Understand the Do’s and don’ts of facilitation;
- Prepare for a session (mind-mapping);
- Concluding and “wrapping up”.;
- Maximise attention, participation and learning during a session;
- Cater for different learning and listening styles;
- Deal with questions and objections;
- Remain objective by managing the emotions [yours and others];
- Extract the core issue/message;
- Structure and prepare for your session.
What will you need?
- Your PDA profile – what is PDA?;
- Examples of content you facilitate;
- Insight into your potential audiences;
- A willingness to be open and share.