DELEGATE AND EMPOWER STAFF WORKSHOP
“Before you become a leader, success is all about growing yourself. When you become a leader, success is all about growing others.”
“The best executive is the one who has sense enough to pick good men to do what he wants done, and self-restraint enough to keep from meddling with them while they do it”
In order for leaders to focus on more strategic issues and bigger picture thinking – the ability to delegate and empower is crucial. Not only does it take the leader out of the “firefighter” mode, but also allows for people development and talent identification in the team. With a common mind set of “if you want something done right, then do it yourself” leaders are blocking development and learning opportunities and blocking themselves from taking their leadership and focus to the next level. The workshop is designed to equip leaders with practical action tips to delegate and empower more effectively, and understand the importance of the action in the greater scheme of things.
What will you learn?
- Optimise and understand end to end processes;
- Using the PDA profiles to understand people’s motivators;
- Based on PDA insights understand potential personal blockages to delegating and empowering;
- Manage resources and capacity effectively;
- Apply the principles of empowering versus delegation;
- Set performance objectives and monitor and measure the delivery of outcomes;
- Apply the Skills/Motivation Matrix to your team and your style of management;
- Develop accountability in your staff.
What will you need?
- Your PDA profile – what is PDA?;
- The PDA profiles of your team (if available);
- The ability to look deeply into your mind set and beliefs;
- The courage to review your leadership style honestly.