CONSULTING SKILLS WORKSHOP
“Focus on how you can lead those around you. Great business leaders have relied on the principle: He who serves best, profits most.”
“Being relevant to your customers only when you’re trying to sell something means choosing to be irrelevant to them for the rest of the time.”
Where there is a client, there is consulting. Be they internal clients and stakeholders on a project or in a cross-functional team or an external client that you are selling to. The ability to consult effectively has many benefits including: quicker turnaround times, deeper understanding of needs and situations, more efficient deal closing and more aligned relationships. In this workshop, we equip delegates with the skills to effectively consult and engage their stakeholders or client in a manner that is open, thought-provoking and on point in terms of needs. The ability to consult is a key skill for managers, project leaders, sales people or consultants. Through PDA understanding and application, we better understand our style and the “hot buttons” of various stakeholders or client. The workshop is insightful, practical and relevant.
What will you learn?
- To utilise PDA styles and preferences effectively in consulting;
- Know how to deal successfully with stakeholders / your client;
- Identify the key steps in the consulting process;
- Practice ways to anticipate the changing needs in your organization;
- Identify the critical types of performance consulting skills you’ll need to be successful;
- Practice how to gain client’s / stakeholder’s commitment;
- Build alliances with line managers/clients;
- Learn how to contract for results, not just activities;
What will you need?
- Your PDA profile – what is PDA?;
- An example of consulting opportunities;
- Insight into your current consulting style and your current results;
- An open mind;