CONFLICT MANAGEMENT WORKSHOP
A critical skill in today’s business arena is the ability to be assertive, yet not aggressive….the ability to resolve conflict without being confrontational. In this practical workshop, delegates learn the difference between communication styles and which approaches get the best results and outcomes. Utilising various learning methodologies including theoretical input, practical skills and assessments, delegates learn to identify, deal with and resolve conflict assertively to help manage the world of dissonance.
What will you learn?
- Understanding how your PDA (Personal Development Analysis) results reflect your natural conflict style: what to be mindful of.
- What is you default style (PDA analysis).
- Identify conflict as an opportunity to create change and build relationships.
- Recognize conflict and its causes, including behaviors that escalate or de-escalate conflict.
- Describe five conflict handling strategies.
- Getting your intended message across;
- Increase use of collaborative problem solving approaches.
- Increase awareness and engagement of all affected parties in the resolution of conflict.
What will you need?
- Your PDA profile – what is PDA?;
- An idea about a current potential/existing conflict situation;
- Insight into your normal reaction to conflict;
- The ability to be self-honest.