CONDUCTING CRUCIAL CONVERSATIONS WORKSHOP
“Be brave enough to start a conversation that matters.”
“The degree to which you are being challenged in your ability to get things done is directly related to conversations you are either afraid of, or do not have the capacity to have.”
What is the conversation you have avoided? The conversation, that if you had, may make all the difference! The ability to conduct crucial conversations is critical to survive in today’s diverse world. Many are afraid, many are not keen to rock the boat, many would rather sweep an issue under the carpet. The result of the lack of crucial conversations is unresolved conflict, negative team dynamics, lack of trust and a host of other interpersonal skills. Avoiding issues that are worthy of conversation pushes individuals into a state of passiveness, of simply settling, of not being heard – think of the economical, emotional and intellectual cost to the team, the company of not identifying and tackling the real issues? The workshop is very practical and allows for much real play and application.
What will you learn?
- Understand the barriers to crucial and courageous conversation;
- Insight into your personal barriers and what keeps them there;
- Reflection on your PDA assessment: REPNS axes and how they may affect the way you converse;
- How to ask for what you want;
- How to navigate the emotional pitfalls of conversations ;
- Deal with the conversation that never goes away”;
- Use confrontation as a powerful way to move forward;
- Principles of courageous conversations.
What will you need?
- Your PDA profile – what is PDA?;
- Some thought on a difficult conversation/relationship;
- Insight into your personal barriers.