CONDUCT EFFECTIVE ONE-ON-ONE SESSIONS WORKSHOP
“Communication is the windshield wiper in the rain storm of life.”
“Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.”
With the absolute peak in electronic communication and it’s many pitfalls, leaders need to engage more, converse more, understand more and ask more. In this workshop, leaders will be equipped with the right skills to have impactful one on ones with staff – thus allowing deeper and more fulfilling relationships, closer interaction and understanding and a sense of employee value. We deal with taking your conversations from a casual chit-chit to a more focused and purposeful interaction. Many managers and leaders conducted one on ones monthly, the question you want to ask yourself is: are they effective or are they time-wasters? Get the most from your conversational time, and you will reap the benefits not only through relationship, but also performance.
What will you learn?
- Reflection on your communication style and preferences based on PDA (self and others);
- Learn to structure your conversations to ensure focus;
- Learn how to separate facts and assumption;
- Learn how to deal with the problem and not the person;
- Manage the emotional component [for both parties];
- Giving feedback in a constructive manner;
- Use appreciative enquiry principles in your dealings with staff;
- Become more effective with the understanding of PDA axes.
What will you need?
- Your PDA profile – what is PDA?;
- The PDA profiles of your team (if available);
- An insight into your current conversation skills;
- An openness to develop new skills.