COMMUNICATION IMPACT WORKSHOP
“In many ways, effective communication begins with mutual respect, communication that inspires, encourages others to do their best.”
“Words are singularly the most powerful force available to humanity. We can choose to use this force constructively with words of encouragement, or destructively using words of despair. Words have energy and power with the ability to help, to heal, to hinder, to hurt, to harm, to humiliate and to humble.”
In this very practical workshop, we move beyond just the basics of communication and into the realms of the impact of communication on self, others, the team and the organisation. Delegates are equipped to communicate more effectively with greater impact, in order to build relationships and credibility with others. This is a core skill to building your brand, building relationships and building a network. The interactive workshop includes a range of communication impact activities which makes the day not only practical, but fun as delegates learn the effect of poor communication in getting the job done.
What will you learn?
- Building credibility and trust;
- A deep translation of your communication style in your PDA assessment;
- Understanding communication on your extroversion axis (PDA);
- Social styles and communication;
- What makes for effective communication;
- The blockages and “pebbles in the shoe”;
- Communication basics: verbal and non-verbal language;
- Personal values and beliefs;
- Experiential methods to embed the learning.
What will you need?
- Your PDA profile – what is PDA?;
- Insight into the impact you have on others;
- An open mind to explore;
- The ability to shift where necessary.