BUSINESS WRITING WORKSHOP
“Whether the communication is written or verbal, formal or informal, the question must be asked as to whether or not it was effective.”
“Regardless of the changes in technology, the market for well-crafted messages will always have an audience.”
Writing is probably one of the things you do most often every day and based on how effectively one writes, the message can be powerful and relevant or create uncertainty and assumption. The ability to write effectively in business affects every person who interacts with others and in this workshop we bring a practical, lively approach to the learning. By equipping our delegates with the right skills that are business relevant, we develop the ability to be situation-focused and message-inclined. Being professional, relevant, succinct, informative and to the point are key outcomes of these skills learned – and those us who have explosions in our inboxes daily are craving for messages that tick these boxes.
What will you learn?
- Standard writing principles;
- Being mindful of people’s preferences (PDA related);
- Email etiquette;
- Phrasing and wording;
- The use of language;
- Readability index;
- Getting your intended message across in the written form;
- Understanding the emotional component in messaging;
- Writing structure and tone;
- Various writing avenues and the correct application.
What will you need?
- Your PDA profile – what is PDA?;
- Examples of your written communication eg. Emails;
- The ability to practice;