BUILDING EFFECTIVE TEAMS WORKSHOP
“Talent wins games, but TEAMWORK and intelligence wins championships.”
“Because as the challenge escalates, the need for teamwork elevates”
Teamwork: a word often over-used, misused or misunderstood. What makes for an effective team, what are the key underlying principles? In this workshop, we recommend “natural or functioning” teams to attend together to encourage specific focus and application. Using a sound and credible model of a functioning and effective team, we unpack the principles and apply to the team through introspection, discussion, play and insights. To build and work as an effective team has immeasurable benefit and in most organisations, people are required to work together inter-dependently. The workshop is designed around natural teams understanding their barriers to effectiveness and strategizing on the way forward.
What will I learn?
- What does our team PDA profile say about us;
- Where are our gaps and “hot buttons” as a team based on PDA reflection;
- Understand the characteristics of a highly effective team;
- Learn how to get a team to ‘assess’ themselves as a team against core team principles;
- Apply the principles for building trust and mastering conflict in creating and maintaining a highly effective team;
- Understand roles and responsibilities and the inter-connectedness between individuals;
- Understand the individual’s own and each other team-player’s roles, and their impact on one another;
- Apply the principles for achieving commitment and accountability in creating and maintaining a highly effective team;
- Explore the principles for focusing on team results in creating and maintaining a highly effective team;
- Initiating a team charter for the establishment of rules of engagement.
What will I need?
- Your PDA profile – what is PDA?;
- An in depth understanding of the functioning of your team;
- An open mind and a willingness to engage;