ASSERTIVENESS AND CONFLICT MANAGEMENT WORKSHOP
“Leadership is not domination, it is the art of persuading people to work toward a common goal.”
“You teach people how to treat you by what you allow, what you stop and what you reinforce”
A critical skill in today’s business arena is the ability to be assertive, yet not aggressive….the ability to resolve conflict without being confrontational. In this practical workshop, delegates learn the difference between communication styles and what approaches are best in getting more of what you need more of the time. Utilising various learning methodologies including theoretical input, real plays and assessments, delegates learn to identify, deal with and resolve conflict assertively. Our intention is to help delegates on a practical level manage the world of dissonance.
What will you learn?
- Understanding how assertiveness shows up and the value thereof;
- Why conflict is necessary and why does it occur;
- Insights into your assertiveness profile;
- Understanding how your PDA axes reflect your natural conflict style: what to be mindful of;
- Tips on handling conflict effectively;
- Getting your intended message across;
- The principles and steps to dealing with conflict effectively;
- Practice through real play.
What will you need?
- Your PDA profile – what is PDA?;
- An idea about a current potential/existing conflict situation;
- Insight into your normal reaction to conflict;
- The ability to be self-honest.